Online Abstract Submission
Abstracts that are accepted by the organising committee will be subject to peer review. The selection criteria include relevance to the conference theme, accuracy and originality of ideas, significance of the contribution and quality of presentation. All accepted abstracts will be published in the conference proceedings and presented at the online conference technical sessions. All presenting authors are required to pay and attend the online conference to present their abstracts.
Abstracts/papers must be submitted as a PDF document only using the specific format as per the abstract template submitted through the abstract submission portal on the conference website. Submissions will not be accepted via email.
- Abstracts must be a minimum of 250 words, and a maximum of 300 words
- Abstracts must be submitted in Arial 11-point font
- The abstract title must be typed in Arial 14 point, bold and centred font
- The presenting author/s name/s must be underlined
- All author details, post nominals and affiliations must be included
- All author email address must be included
- Authors may include a maximum of five keywords sufficient to highlight the relevant topics to be addressed in the paper
- Abstracts must be text only – graphics, images or graphs should not be included
The Committee may, if necessary, limit the number of presentations per author. Presenters of accepted abstracts are required to register and pay to attend the online conference. Submission of abstracts implies the author’s agreement to publish their abstract on the conference website.
Once the abstract submission deadline has passed, the organising committee will review all submitted abstracts. Authors will then be notified whether or not the abstract has been accepted for the program and whether an extended abstract or full paper is required.
All Author information
More guidelines for presenting and writing abstracts
Terms and Conditions for Submitting Abstracts
By submitting your abstract/paper you hereby agree to the terms and conditions of AusIMM that if your final abstract/paper is selected for the technical program at least one author of the abstract/paper will register and pay the discounted author registration fee with full intention of presenting at the conference. Abstracts/papers of authors who fail to register and pay by the nominated deadline will be automatically withdrawn from the proceedings and program.
By submitting an abstract/paper to this AusIMM conference you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Prior to submitting an abstract/paper that contains information that relates to, or reports on, a particular company or organisation, the appropriate level of approval must have been granted.
- Abstracts/papers submitted are of original quality (not previously published).
- Submissions of abstracts/papers are loaded electronically via the online portal, with minimal formatting.
- Abstracts/papers are submitted in accordance with the author guidelines.
- The abstract/paper does not infringe on the copyright of any other third party and copyright for said abstract/paper will be assigned to AusIMM.
- Accepted abstracts will be used to promote the conference on the event website and app. (Note: updated versions, such as those submitted with a first/final draft paper will not be used.)
- Authors with accepted abstracts/papers agree to register, pay and attend the conference. At least one author/presenter must be registered and paid by the nominated deadline in order for the abstract/paper to be published and presented. Any abstract/paper not registered and paid for will be automatically removed from the conference proceedings and program.
- Withdrawal of abstracts/papers will result in the abstract/paper being removed from the conference proceedings and technical program.
- In the instance the author is not available to present the abstract/paper a suitable replacement may be found to present the abstract/paper and pay the registration fee.